300ml double cream/heavy whipping cream
300g 72% or more dark chocolate
1/2 tablespoon sea salt
8 Pepperidge Farm butter shortbread biscuits (crumbs)
1 pack of pop rocks
Method of Madness:-
- Place cream in a pan over medium heat and bring up to a simmer. I didn’t know what ‘simmer’ meant, so I just guessed it was when tiny little bubbles started to show and the cream thickened slightly.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie (fancy French word for bowl over simmering hot water).
- Once the cream has reached simmer-point, take it off the heat and add to the melted chocolate one third at a time.
- Add salt. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, incorporate cream completely with the chocolate and let the therapy begin.
- (NOTE: If the mixture starts to seize up and break, don’t fret, my child! Just add very small amounts of the leftover cold double cream while mixing the chocolate gently. It’ll come together with a little bit of love.)
- Pour mixture into a lined tray and let sit in room temperature for 4 hours.
- Go do a WOD. Better yet, go do two.
- Place in the fridge to set for 5-6 hours.
- When it’s nearly ready, get your crumbs and pop rocks in a bowl. Gently mix them together with your hands to avoid the pop rocks popping.
- Using a melon baller (or if you’re ghetto like me, use your little measuring scoops), scoop the chocolate into balls and drop them into the bowl of crumbs and pop rocks.
- As Juli B would say, EAT THAT SH*T UP.
- Remember, sharing is caring. But sometimes, it’s okay not to care when you don’t share.