These are SO delicious and unbelievably easy to make, I kid you not. And why would I kid you ever, anyway? I usually grab one on the way to a WOD and eat it in my car so no one has to ask me for any. That’s how good they are.
Don’t you hate it when you’re eating something amazing and you see your friend’s eyes target the food in hand? You know you’d be a jerk if you didn’t offer them some, and the next thing you know, he’s swallowed it whole. Practically inhaled it right out of your palm. Moochers. That’s what they’re called. There’s one way to deal with them – lie about something that tastes like elephant’s sh*t and seduce them into eating it.
Payback’s a b*tch. Or in this case, elephant sh*t.
1 cup almond butter (crunchy or smooth, pick your poison)
1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup raw honey
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (they are NOT the same thing, much to my dismay)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup fresh blueberries
Method of Madness:-
- Preheat your oven to a toasty 350 degrees.
- Place the almond and coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Chuck in the wet ingredients – honey, eggs, almond butter, coconut oil and mix well. (You could mix it badly if you wanted, too.)
- Add your blueberries in and if you’re OCD like me, distribute them evenly throughout the mixture. (Ratios are fun)
- Scoop them into your cupcake cups or silicone molds and bake for 20-25 minutes. Or until the smell becomes so unbearable you have to dig in immediately.