Moist. Chewy. Crunch on the outside, soft on the inside. Green Tea. Chocolate. Cookies.
Did any of that classical conditioning work on you? Are you enticed yet? You should be. I was just testing these out and man, did they work. Admittedly, they don’t look too pretty when you’re mixing it in the bowl, but believe me, it’s totally worth it.
Paleo Matcha Green Tea Thumbprint Cookies
1 cup almond meal
2 tablespoon coconut flour
2 heaping tablespoon matcha green tea powder
3 – 4 tablespoon raw honey (depending on how bitter you like your green tea)
2 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
82% Dark chocolate chunks (I used French Vanilla because I’m a fancy lady)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. (Always assumed that you have to line a baking tray. Always.)
- In a large bowl, make a party out of the almond meal, coconut flour, green tea and salt.
- Melt the coconut oil and together with raw honey, mix with the dry ingredients until it forms crumbs.
- Whisk the egg and vanilla extract separately before adding to the large bowl.
- Spoon the cookies to your desired size. Press down chocolate chunks in the middle, making sure the batter forms a wall around the chunk to avoid oozing.
- Bake for exactly 17 minutes. You know, if you want to reach ultimate chewy perfection.