I realised I haven’t done a savoury recipe in a while. But that’s just because lately my main nourishment comes in the form of desserts and desserts only.
I decided to bless you all with a simple post – no rant, just recipe.
Middle Eastern Roasted Chicken with Coconut Thyme Cauliflower Rice
Middle Eastern Chicken
4 chicken thighs, washed and patted dry
2 teaspoon Ras El Hanout spice (I bought mine from William-Sonoma, but you could make your own here)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
Fistful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
3 tablespoon olive oil
Pinch of salt
1/2 lemon, cut into slices
1 bulb garlic, finely chopped
Coconut & Thyme Cauliflower Rice
1 cup cauliflower, finely chopped or blitzed
1 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
Pinch of garlic powder
Salt and pepper
Method of Madness:-
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Rub chicken thighs with all the spices, parsley, chopped garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Place thighs in a deep dish or pan with lemon slices wedged between.
- Place in the middle rack of oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and reduce temperature to 350F. While waiting, spoon some of the chicken juices in the pan over the thighs to moisten them.
- Put back in the oven and cook for another 15 minutes.
- While waiting, make the cauliflower fried rice. Honestly, just chuck everything into a skillet/pan and cook it until it starts to brown slightly.
- Serve it up and eat away!