I was craving Italy. Yes. Like the entire country’s worth of Italian food because apparently, I don’t have to be pregnant to have cravings. This whole week has been a huge funk for me – post competition recovery means no working out for a week; apartment hunting means no fun until you are no longer homeless.
I’m also officially obsessed with Nom Nom Paleo’s Bacon Deviled Eggs. My God. They are so easy to make: we’re talking literally 20 minutes. And they taste like heaven’s heaven. Y’all need to make these. Like right now.
Easy Paleo Marinara Sauce
6 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced finely
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon tomato paste
3 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
2 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoon sea salt
4 tablespoon coconut milk
Freshly ground black pepper
Method of Madness:-
- In a medium saucepan, add olive oil and chopped garlic and fry on medium heat till slightly brown.
- Turn the heat down to low and add chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, oregano, paprika and salt to the saucepan.
- Let simmer on low until the water from the tomatoes reduces to form a thick sauce, 8-10 minutes. Stir constantly to avoid the base burning.
- Once reduced, add the coconut milk for a creamier tomato sauce. Grind in black pepper to taste.
- Top it on your favourite Paleo pasta, pizza or lasagna!